How customers are able to pay (what payment methods are accepted, i.e. credit cards, purchase orders)
Payments for the products available on the Site may be made in the following ways:
- Payments can be made by Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Net Banking, Wallets and e-Gift cards.
- Credit card, Debit Card and Net Banking payment options are instant payment options and recommended to ensure faster processing of your order.
- Cash On Delivery option is not available for orders outside India.
How late or missed payments will be handled
Within 30 minutes customer will get the notification about payment decline via sms or mail.
How payment disputes will be handled:
A dispute occurs when a cardholder contacts their card issuing bank and demands to have their money returned. Disputes are a feature of the Visa, MasterCard and American Express card networks intended to protect cardholders from fraudulent activity.
Disputes may arise for a number of reasons including:
- Not as described, where the cardholder claims to have never received the goods, or the goods were materially different from their expectations.
- Not recognized, where the cardholder has no recollection of what a charge in their bank statement relates to.
- Fraud, where the cardholder claims they did not authorize the purchase (e.g. their card information was stolen and used fraudulently).
- Admin error, such as duplicate billing, incorrect amount billed or a refund which was promised but never received.
The Dispute Process:
A dispute is initiated by the consumer’s issuing bank (the bank that supplied them their credit card) and the process is directed through Pin Payment’s acquiring bank. The notification of a dispute may be received via the following:
A retrieval request which is generated when the cardholder has requested more details about the charge on their card. A retrieval request is purely a request for information and does not result in the immediate movement of funds. Should information provided by the merchant prove satisfactory to the cardholder, the case is closed. If however the cardholder is not satisfied with the details relating to the charge on their card, they may formally raise a dispute to recover the funds. When a dispute is formally raised, we notify the merchant so they can contest the dispute, and temporarily withhold the funds for the disputed charge. Generally, where possible, your response should include all details relevant to the transaction and ideally details to verify the cardholder which may include:
- a signed copy of the transaction receipt; and/or
- a copy of the order or invoice; and/or
- a copy of any correspondence received by you from the cardholder.
A dispute where the cardholder disputes the charge on their card immediately and raises a dispute claim. Once a dispute notification is received, the merchant has 7 days to challenge the dispute claim. If the merchant does not dispute the claim within 7 days or the information sent is deemed unsatisfactory, the funds withheld from the merchant will be returned to the cardholder. If the dispute case awards in the favour of the merchant, no funds will be awarded to the cardholder, the funds withheld for the disputed charge will be released to the merchant’s settlement account, and the admin fee reversed to the merchant.
The arbitration and settlement process is handled directly between the issuing and acquiring banks. Unfortunately Pin Payments is unable to influence the arbitration process other than supporting the merchant to present a sound case where the merchant believes the dispute claim is unfair or fraudulent. In all cases, once the banks have agreed an outcome, we must abide by the decision reached. There are no avenues for escalation.
- Evidence— the banks will ideally wish to see signed evidence to show that the ‘true’ cardholder authorized or participated in the transaction, and/or the relevant authorization was obtained. To guard against the unauthorized or fraudulent use of credit cards, we recommend appropriate due diligence processes to assess the consumer’s validity before shipping/releasing goods or services.
If shipping physical goods, it is appropriate to use shipping methods where a signature is required by the consumer to accept the physical goods. When shipping physical goods:
- Make sure a reputable courier engaged by you makes the delivery and use a courier that does not allow shipping re-routes.
- Ensure delivery is to a physical address. Never send deliveries to a hotel, motel or GPO Box.
- Ensure that the person making the delivery does in fact deliver the goods to a person inside the premises.
- Obtain a signature wherever possible on delivery.
In the case of card-not-present transactions, the following suggestions may help reduce the likelihood of disputes:
- Obtain the credit card number, name of the bank, expiry date, full name, address and contact phone numbers, including landline contacts.
- Conduct a telephone directory check on the details provided to verify name and telephone number.
- Confirm the order by calling the landline number provided and/or send confirmation of the order to the billing address, not the shipping address.
- Do not continue to attempt authorization or split a transaction after receiving a decline.
Any special billing charges, such as shipping, taxes, or other fees should be described and set forth in the terms and conditions. Also, it is not enough just to post such billing terms on a “terms and conditions” page that is not visible or accessible at the time of checkout. A link and an affirmative agreement (e.g. by checking a box accepting the terms) should be used prior to payment for the goods or services purchased.
Prices, taxes and delivery
All prices are stated inclusive of GST and other taxes. The applicable price is the one stated in the here in respect of the relevant product on the date of placing of the order.
Krausjeans.com reserves the right to amend any prices incorrectly stated on this website. Furthermore, Krausjeans.com reserves the right to amend any prices, taxes and/or other costs and other charges stated on this website at any time, e.g. due to changes in GST/IGST/UGST rates or other public fees and charges, increased costs or as a result of the general development in retail prices.
The fact that the use of certain products and services will result in monetary charges
Whether there are any warranties for the use of the product
Care instructions are on the inside label of every garment: MACHINE WASH COLD, NO BLEACH, HANG DRY, DO NOT IRON, NO HOT TUBS OR SHOWERS. Our warranty becomes null and void on ANY garment washed in, or exposed to, hot water, bleach, ironing, or placed in a dryer. Silk screening, or heat transferring on, any garment made of highly technical synthetic fibers will ruin, or shorten the life of the garment. Our warranty becomes null and void on ANY garment that is silk screened, heat transferred, embroidered, or otherwise altered before or after purchase. Our warranty does not cover tears, rips, or snags caused to the fabric, as these are not considered defects in materials or workmanship unless you received it that way. Warranty work will only be done with proof of purchase from KrausJeans.com. If a product fails due to manufacturing defects, we will repair or replace it, at our discretion. If damage occurs due to normal or extended wear, an accident, improper care or negligence on the part of the owner, we will repair the product for a charge that we deem to be reasonable, or we will notify you to inform you that we cannot be repaired it to a standard we consider to be durable and lasting.
The circumstances under which the provision of services can be terminated by the vendor
Return policy and conditions under which a product can be returned and money refunded
If the service provided to users becomes unavailable due to technical issues, could it result in a loss for the user?
Not Applicable, Kraus Jeans does provide any service door to door.
Is the payment system protected against credit card fraud etc.?
Yes, it is protected by our payment gateway Partner Razorpay.
The fact that payment is subject to fluctuation in foreign exchange rates.
Currently we do not service request out of India.